- Items no longer get used when opening chests (i.e. food being eaten, lava being poured out, etc.)
- Added /kill command. Does 1000 points damage to the player.
- Patched client to prevent duplicated entities.
- The join server page now remembers the port as well as the ip.
- Fixed a bug where joining a server on a specific port caused the client to forget all keybindings.
- Added lakes and rare lava pools, both on the surface and randomly in caves.
- Fixed a crash bug when destroying the vehicle from under a player.
- Players connecting to a server or respawning are invulnerable for three seconds.
- Fixed a memory leak bug in the server.
- Riding carts and boats now works properly when you travel long distances.
- Harvesting crops no longer yields fake Seeds.
- Removed /home .
- Snowballs are given again.
- New bugs:
- Difficulty is reset to Normal upon update.
- Players and mobs are cloning.
- SMP and Single Player will not only spawn Creepers.
- A player no longer gets snowballs when entering a SMP server.
- Swords and other weapons now deal damage properly.
- Added proper hurt animations and sounds to mobs and players.
- Fixed dead players logging in as invisible ghosts.
- Made arrows visible and deal damage.
- No more infinite free arrows.
- Hoes now produce proper Seeds.
- Creepers make noises and animate before exploding.
- Explosions animate properly.
- Server logging now appends to server.log rather than overwriting it.
- Buttons and levers (and a few other blocks probably, it’s a general solution) animate properly.
- Fixed minecarts (and pigs!) moving twice as fast as they should when ridden.
- The join server screen now remembers the last entered ip.
- Increased chunk saving frequency on the server.
- Leaving sneak mode no longer triggers a million sounds.
- You can now see sneaking players.
- Names of sneaking players aren’t visible through walls, and are visible a much shorter distance.
- A player receives snowballs when entering a SMP server.
- Fixed all known player respawn bugs.
- Fixed most of player respawn bugs.
- Fixed single player mode.
- Fixed infinite looping by disabling leaf updates.
- Added the ability to attack other entities.
- You can hurt animals, monsters, boats, carts and even other players.
- Implemented falling damage.
- Implemented respawning for dead players.
- Made eating food regenerate health and send health updates to the players.
- Made players riding carts or boats a long way receive terrain updates.
- Fixed the block re-spawning bug.
- Re-enabled leaf decaying (however, this was removed again in 1.2.3_01) .
- Add new server configuration settings:
- pvp. True by default. If this is set to false, players can’t hurt other players.
- spawn-monsters. True by default. Set to false to remove all monsters.
- spawn-animals. Also true by default. Set to false to remove all animals.
- Drowning enabled in multiplayer.
- Added visible hurt animations in multiplayer.
- Added visible fire on burning mobs in multiplayer.
- New bugs:
- Single player mode is broken. (Fixed: 1.2.3_01)
- Infinite looping causes game to freeze. (Fixed: 1.2.3_01)
- Mobs in multiplayer are harder to kill than in single player mode.
- Mobs are also sometimes invisible, and can still attack players. (Fixed: 1.2.3_04)
- Players can die without noticeably dying, often becoming invisible to other players, and becoming unable to pick up items, though otherwise able to interact with environments normally from their perspective (i.e. placing blocks, dropping items, opening chests etc.). This can be fixed by having the client disconnect and reconnect, or by editing player health in the server properties, which usually is negative.
- Players and mobs in lava or fire (or next to cacti) no longer spam sound effects
- Getting hit with a higher damage while recovering from a smaller one works as intended
- Lava flows further in The Nether
- Zombie Pigmen forgive the player after time
- Support for custom skin packs added
- Duplicating buttons when resizing screens fixed
- Zombie Pigmen and Ghasts no longer get hurt by fire and lava
- Volume sliders not saving properly fixed
- hellworld=true no longer overwrite old save chunks in SMP
- Boats are visible to other players in SMP
- Minecarts move smoother in SMP
- Fishing works in SMP
- Sheep and Cows look like Sheep and Cows
- Buckets work in SMP
- Stairs being difficult to destroy fixed
- Timeout before "Took too long to log in" screen increased
- Players can ride minecarts and boats
- Ability to steer server-side boats added
- no-animals setting added
- Support for more animation settings added
- New Bugs:
- SMP: Minecarts and boats are indestructible (TNT will destroy minecarts, presumably for boats as well)
- SMP: Hitting sheep will drop cloth, but it can't be picked up. However, casting with a fishing rod will knock obtainable cloth, but the sheep will look like it still has its wool.
- SMP: Unable to exit and get off a boat properly when on land
- Signs on the sides of cacti no longer crash the game
- Player getting stuck on top of the world in multiplayer bug fixed
- Mob spawning reverted to old code
- Leaf particle colors fixed
- CPU usage for monster spawning fixed
- Portal dupe bug fix attempt
- Music now plays in multiplayer
- Torches and Jack-O-Lanterns no longer duplicate in SMP.
- New Bugs:
- Existing Jack-O-Lanterns mysteriously replaced with regular pumpkins in SMP.
- Items no longer disappear when you die
- Patch to unspecified bugs
- New Bugs:
- Armor no longer blocks damage
|1.2.0 (Minecraft Halloween Update)
- The addition of The Nether; a "Hell" world that can be used for quick travel
- Ghasts and Zombie Pigmen added
- Pumpkins, Netherrack, Soul Sand, Lightstone, Portals, and Jack-O-Lanterns added
- Biomes added
- More danger at deeper depths in-game
- Fishing added
- Fixed bugs in SMP (some things may not be listed yet)
- Redstone performance updated
- Door animation fixes
- Several performance bugs fixed
- Rails no longer cause a crash, carts do not work yet
- You still cannot take damage in SMP, being saved for Beta release.
- Craftable Watches added
- Stairs now face the same direction as the player when placed.
- Craftable Jack-O-Lanterns and pumpkin helmets
- New music tracks
- New sound effects
- Sunrise now creates a red glow at the horizon (?)
- Pressing F1 removes the inventory, player's arm/current tool and Minecraft text from the display. In 3rd person mode, pressing F1 will make you look back at yourself (as well as removing the HUD) . Pressing F2 while holding down F1 saves a screenshot in %appdata%\.minecraft\screenshots
- New Bugs:
- Leaves no longer disappear if unconnected to trees.
- Going higher than 62 meters above sea level in SMP causes the character to be stuck to the sky.
- Save file size is calculated incorrectly after you visit the Nether
- On rare occasions, an item will not appear in the inventory when picked up and no more of this item will show up in the inventory. This can be fixed by closing the client.
- Sound and music bug fixed
- Minor update to make Minecraft download resources from the cloud solution
(Seecret Saturday 10)
- Sneaking added
- Grey screen bug that made the game unplayable, since a grey overlay flashed constantly; now fixed
- New Paintings added
- Ability to change mouse sensitivity added
- Sliders to change volume of sound and music added
- Fishing Rod added
- Fixed bug with Furnaces in SMP
- Minecraft becomes free-to-play for the weekend. Login server is not working correctly
- Option to toggle FPS/debugging has been replaced with the F3 key. F3 + S reloads all web-loaded resources
- Smoother day-to-night and night-to-day transitions
- Infinite snowball glitch fixed
- Solid snow blocks only drop four snowballs
- New Bugs
- Many users are reporting problems with sounds
- Personal skins not active until the minecraft.net server is fixed
- Opening the inventory while sneaking sometimes protects the player from falling damage.
- Fixed bug where players could force the camera's movement inside walls
(Seecret Friday 9)
- Server side inventory added
- Server saves players' locations when they leave
- Chests, signs, and furnaces work in SMP
- Experimental switch to turn on monsters in SMP
- Compass added
- Bucket of lava can be used for 100 smelts
- Clay is more common when a world is generated
- Torches can no longer be placed on tree leaves
- Sheep now drop between 1-3 cloth instead of always dropping 2
- Fixed some instances of the player getting stuck
- Fixed another item duplication bug
- Attempted fix at player getting stuck bug
- Improved framerate
(Seecret Friday 8)
- Fences added
- Working day/night cycle in multiplayer
- Chickens, Slimes and Pigs added in multiplayer
- Milk buckets can be emptied
- Skeletons can ride Spiders
- Third person view is centered again
- Right clicking on usable blocks makes your arm swing to match the third person animation for right clicking.
- Chickens no longer take fall damage (flight)
- New Bugs in SMP:
- It appears as if you can work through the holes in stairs but anything done this way will just undo itself.
- Items left on crafting table when exiting in it are deleted forever.
- The item duplication glitch has been fixed, but there's now a different bug which leaves behind "ghost" items which can not.
- Mobs cannot be killed in Multiplayer without the use of fire, or fall damage. Other attacks will knock the mob back but not damage it. Chickens killed with fire or falling drop leather.
- Can press Enter on the IP entry screen
- Fixed a bug with potentially invisible players
- Support for more records
- Added online authentication for online servers