A (?) denotes version's info here is guess-work, possibly incorrect.
- Items no longer get used when opening chests (i.e. food being eaten, lava being poured out, etc.)
- Added /kill command. Does 1000 points damage to the player.
- Patched client to prevent duplicated entities.
- The join server page now remembers the port as well as the ip.
- Fixed a bug where joining a server on a specific port caused the client to forget all keybindings.
- Added lakes and rare lava pools, both on the surface and randomly in caves.
- Fixed a crash bug when destroying the vehicle from under a player.
- Players connecting to a server or respawning are invulnerable for three seconds.
- Fixed a memory leak bug in the server.
- Riding carts and boats now works properly when you travel long distances.
- Harvesting crops no longer yields fake Seeds.
- Removed /home .
- Snowballs are given again.
- New bugs:
- Difficulty is reset to Normal upon update.
- Players and mobs are cloning.
- SMP and Single Player will not only spawn Creepers.
- A player no longer gets snowballs when entering a SMP server.
- Swords and other weapons now deal damage properly.
- Added proper hurt animations and sounds to mobs and players.
- Fixed dead players logging in as invisible ghosts.
- Made arrows visible and deal damage.
- No more infinite free arrows.
- Hoes now produce proper Seeds.
- Creepers make noises and animate before exploding.
- Explosions animate properly.
- Server logging now appends to server.log rather than overwriting it.
- Buttons and levers (and a few other blocks probably, it’s a general solution) animate properly.
- Fixed minecarts (and pigs!) moving twice as fast as they should when ridden.
- The join server screen now remembers the last entered ip.
- Increased chunk saving frequency on the server.
- Leaving sneak mode no longer triggers a million sounds.
- You can now see sneaking players.
- Names of sneaking players aren’t visible through walls, and are visible a much shorter distance.
- A player receives snowballs when entering a SMP server.
- Fixed all known player respawn bugs.
- Fixed most of player respawn bugs.
- Fixed single player mode.
- Fixed infinite looping by disabling leaf updates.
- Added the ability to attack other entities.
- You can hurt animals, monsters, boats, carts and even other players.
- Implemented falling damage.
- Implemented respawning for dead players.
- Made eating food regenerate health and send health updates to the players.
- Made players riding carts or boats a long way receive terrain updates.
- Fixed the block re-spawning bug.
- Re-enabled leaf decaying (however, this was removed again in 1.2.3_01) .
- Add new server configuration settings:
- pvp. True by default. If this is set to false, players can’t hurt other players.
- spawn-monsters. True by default. Set to false to remove all monsters.
- spawn-animals. Also true by default. Set to false to remove all animals.
- Drowning enabled in multiplayer.
- Added visible hurt animations in multiplayer.
- Added visible fire on burning mobs in multiplayer.
- New bugs:
- Single player mode is broken. (Fixed: 1.2.3_01)
- Infinite looping causes game to freeze. (Fixed: 1.2.3_01)
- Mobs in multiplayer are harder to kill than in single player mode.
- Mobs are also sometimes invisible, and can still attack players. (Fixed: 1.2.3_04)
- Players can die without noticeably dying, often becoming invisible to other players, and becoming unable to pick up items, though otherwise able to interact with environments normally from their perspective (i.e. placing blocks, dropping items, opening chests etc.). This can be fixed by having the client disconnect and reconnect, or by editing player health in the server properties, which usually is negative.
- Players and mobs in lava or fire (or next to cacti) no longer spam sound effects
- Getting hit with a higher damage while recovering from a smaller one works as intended
- Lava flows further in The Nether
- Zombie Pigmen forgive the player after time
- Support for custom skin packs added
- Duplicating buttons when resizing screens fixed
- Zombie Pigmen and Ghasts no longer get hurt by fire and lava
- Volume sliders not saving properly fixed
- hellworld=true no longer overwrite old save chunks in SMP
- Boats are visible to other players in SMP
- Minecarts move smoother in SMP
- Fishing works in SMP
- Sheep and Cows look like Sheep and Cows
- Buckets work in SMP
- Stairs being difficult to destroy fixed
- Timeout before "Took too long to log in" screen increased
- Players can ride minecarts and boats
- Ability to steer server-side boats added
- no-animals setting added
- Support for more animation settings added
- New Bugs:
- SMP: Minecarts and boats are indestructible (TNT will destroy minecarts, presumably for boats as well)
- SMP: Hitting sheep will drop cloth, but it can't be picked up. However, casting with a fishing rod will knock obtainable cloth, but the sheep will look like it still has its wool.
- SMP: Unable to exit and get off a boat properly when on land
- Signs on the sides of cacti no longer crash the game
- Player getting stuck on top of the world in multiplayer bug fixed
- Mob spawning reverted to old code
- Leaf particle colors fixed
- CPU usage for monster spawning fixed
- Portal dupe bug fix attempt
- Music now plays in multiplayer
- Torches and Jack-O-Lanterns no longer duplicate in SMP.
- New Bugs:
- Existing Jack-O-Lanterns mysteriously replaced with regular pumpkins in SMP.
- Items no longer disappear when you die
- Patch to unspecified bugs
- New Bugs:
- Armor no longer blocks damage
|1.2.0 (Minecraft Halloween Update)
- The addition of The Nether; a "Hell" world that can be used for quick travel
- Ghasts and Zombie Pigmen added
- Pumpkins, Netherrack, Soul Sand, Lightstone, Portals, and Jack-O-Lanterns added
- Biomes added
- More danger at deeper depths in-game
- Fishing added
- Fixed bugs in SMP (some things may not be listed yet)
- Redstone performance updated
- Door animation fixes
- Several performance bugs fixed
- Rails no longer cause a crash, carts do not work yet
- You still cannot take damage in SMP, being saved for Beta release.
- Craftable Watches added
- Stairs now face the same direction as the player when placed.
- Craftable Jack-O-Lanterns and pumpkin helmets
- New music tracks
- New sound effects
- Sunrise now creates a red glow at the horizon (?)
- Pressing F1 removes the inventory, player's arm/current tool and Minecraft text from the display. In 3rd person mode, pressing F1 will make you look back at yourself (as well as removing the HUD) . Pressing F2 while holding down F1 saves a screenshot in %appdata%\.minecraft\screenshots
- New Bugs:
- Leaves no longer disappear if unconnected to trees.
- Going higher than 62 meters above sea level in SMP causes the character to be stuck to the sky.
- Save file size is calculated incorrectly after you visit the Nether
- On rare occasions, an item will not appear in the inventory when picked up and no more of this item will show up in the inventory. This can be fixed by closing the client.
- Sound and music bug fixed
- Minor update to make Minecraft download resources from the cloud solution
(Seecret Saturday 10)
- Sneaking added
- Grey screen bug that made the game unplayable, since a grey overlay flashed constantly; now fixed
- New Paintings added
- Ability to change mouse sensitivity added
- Sliders to change volume of sound and music added
- Fishing Rod added
- Fixed bug with Furnaces in SMP
- Minecraft becomes free-to-play for the weekend. Login server is not working correctly
- Option to toggle FPS/debugging has been replaced with the F3 key. F3 + S reloads all web-loaded resources
- Smoother day-to-night and night-to-day transitions
- Infinite snowball glitch fixed
- Solid snow blocks only drop four snowballs
- New Bugs
- Many users are reporting problems with sounds
- Personal skins not active until the minecraft.net server is fixed
- Opening the inventory while sneaking sometimes protects the player from falling damage.
- Fixed bug where players could force the camera's movement inside walls
(Seecret Friday 9)
- Server side inventory added
- Server saves players' locations when they leave
- Chests, signs, and furnaces work in SMP
- Experimental switch to turn on monsters in SMP
- Compass added
- Bucket of lava can be used for 100 smelts
- Clay is more common when a world is generated
- Torches can no longer be placed on tree leaves
- Sheep now drop between 1-3 cloth instead of always dropping 2
- Fixed some instances of the player getting stuck
- Fixed another item duplication bug
- Attempted fix at player getting stuck bug
- Improved framerate
(Seecret Friday 8)
- Fences added
- Working day/night cycle in multiplayer
- Chickens, Slimes and Pigs added in multiplayer
- Milk buckets can be emptied
- Skeletons can ride Spiders
- Third person view is centered again
- Right clicking on usable blocks makes your arm swing to match the third person animation for right clicking.
- Chickens no longer take fall damage (flight)
- New Bugs in SMP:
- It appears as if you can work through the holes in stairs but anything done this way will just undo itself.
- Items left on crafting table when exiting in it are deleted forever.
- The item duplication glitch has been fixed, but there's now a different bug which leaves behind "ghost" items which can not.
- Mobs cannot be killed in Multiplayer without the use of fire, or fall damage. Other attacks will knock the mob back but not damage it. Chickens killed with fire or falling drop leather.
- Can press Enter on the IP entry screen
- Fixed a bug with potentially invisible players
- Support for more records
- Added online authentication for online servers
- Arm-swinging animation added, viewable in SMP and in 3rd Person view.
- New fire behavior
- Can enter the IP for a server other than Mojang's server
- The "M" of Minecraft on title screen now looks correct
(Seecret Friday 7)
- 새로운 몹: 닭
- 새로운 블록: Jukebox
- 새로운 아이템:
- Cows have new skin
- Three new ambient music pieces
- The tip of an arrow in crafting is now made from Flint rather than Iron.
- New Title screen, 1K in 24h, to celebrate the 1000 sales in last 24 hours
- Unpublished changes
- Fixed a bug which hung the game when getting near a certain chunk.
- Slimes have new look
- The client now checks if two instances of the game try to save to the same level, and quits if it does.
- Fixed a hang/crash bug related to lighting.
- The SMP join screen now has random passwords shown in the password box.
- More work on SMP
- Big Slimes no longer spawn in peaceful
- Slimes have sound effects
- Fixed Slime targeting and attacking
- Fixed font colors being broken
- More work on SMP
(Seecret Friday 6)
- Reed, 종이, 그리고 책 추가
- Craftable Bookcase blocks added
- Craftable Brick blocks added, with new texture
- Clay added and Clay Block added
- Brick item added
- 슬라임과 슬라임볼 추가
- Milk now obtainable using a bucket
- 새로워진 선인장 텍스처
- Cacti now only hurt when touching
- Cacti can now only be placed on sand
- Updated terrain generator
- Snow now breaks instantly when dug with a shovel
- Slimes spawn on any difficulty
- Slime's hit detection is not always correct
- Earliest unofficial Survival Multiplayer support
- Only server is Mojang's server
- Accessible through a private invite only
- Fixed at least one stuttering bug
- Walking animation changed
- Cow noises changed
- More unpublished changes
- Removed some debugging code, making it less crash-prone.
- 소 추가
- 우유와 가죽 추가
- Changed recipe for leather armor (leather instead of cloth)
- Fixed stuttering zone bug
- Fixed certain broken saves. which will now load
- Fixed stuttering after death bug
- Leaves decay again when not connected to either the ground or to a tree trunk
- Tweaked monster and animal spawning a bit. The game probably is quite a bit more difficult now.
- Boats can be placed on land, and won’t break if you hit land unless you’re going above a certain speed
- Boats spawn water splash particles only when going fast enough to break
- Boats turn much nicer
- If you stand on your boat underwater, the boat does not rise anymore and you will stay still underwater.
(Seecret Friday 5)
- 보트 추가
- 선인장 추가, players are hurt while breaking them, and standing on top of them.
- Large trees
- Items can now be seen being held in third person.
- Animals only spawn on grass
- Snowballs stack up to 16
- Thrown snowballs don't disappear
- Snow blocks only take 4 snowballs instead of 9
- Leaves don't disappear
- Fixed snow falling through snow blocks.
- Upon dying, the framerate slowly drops to an unplayable rate. The game will no longer save after death, causing you to see yourself dead whenever you load the save.
- Breaking a minecart or a boat while inside will cause you to fall through one block of ground.
- Destroying Snow blocks yields 4-6 Snowballs, allowing for infinite amounts of snow as blocks only take 4 snowballs to make
- Boat Launch exploit
- Cacti blocks generate in winter maps.
- Shovel required for snowballs, and you can only stack eight of them
- Ice refreezes
- Less annoying snowball sound effect
- Snow blocks on top of top snow no longer looks weird
- Fixed pickaxe bug - blocks now yield material on last hit
- Snowballs and Snow Blocks added
- Fixed building on snow bug
- Fixed ice rendering bug
- Signs no longer require free block above them when placing them
- Game no longer saves on crashes
- Snow no longer goes through glass
- Sand and gravel will float above snow covered tiles if placed above them.
(Seecret Friday 4)
- Red ore officially given the name Redstone
- Animated title screen
- Winter maps, featuring
- Exposed land covered in a thin Snow sheet
- Exposed water turns to Ice
- Sitting animation added for riding minecarts and pigs
- Minecart skin reverted
- The bug in the mob spawn code is fixed
- Breaking a Minecart while in it will no longer freeze the game
- If you ride a Minecart and go in a two block high space, you don't suffocate any more
- If you walk on snow,you will hear sound of the block under it unless you jump
- Placing a block on snow will place it above the snow, floating in the air
- When looking at ice underwater, the texture flickers
- Snow hovers above half-blocks
- Riding a pig on ice will make the pig you are riding move at ridiculous speeds
- The pathfinder now works for hills. Except for spiders.
- Generally more convincing mob idling behavior. They’ll stand still more, looking around at their surroundings
- Monster sounds
- Ambient cave noises
- Red torch, not gates, only signal into blocks above them or next to them
- Red dust won't connect through solid blocks diagonally down
- Art tweaks to the dust
- Walking on red dust no longer breaks it.
- Red dust now gives off particles.
(Seecret Friday 3)
- Al 향상
- Sheep regenerate wool
- Caves can be far bigger and more expansive
- Coal can be found in smaller or larger veins
- Signs may now be placed on walls
- Doors have a new icon
- Mushrooms can grow anywhere in the shade, even on grass
- New in-hand model/inventory icon for stairs
- 레버, 돌 버튼, Pressure Plate, Iron Door, unnamed red ore, red ore torch, red ore dust 추가
- Signs (both wall and ground) will still remain after being deleted which can be fixed by reloading the save.
- Official offline client release
|1.0.0 (Offline client tech test)
- /game/ released along with downloadable client.
- "Booster" tracks bug fixed
- 계단 추가
- Placing a lava spring where the runoff from another lava spring is will have no effect (but still remove lava from the bucket)